Published on:

Help is a Click Away!

If you live in San Diego, there is a lot of free information available to you on a variety of legal issues. Here are some “clicks’ that may answer many questions you have:

1. Our website at Law Office of Scott C. Soady, A Professional Corporation has many articles in the area of estate planning and divorce. Our estate planning blog has current postings as well as archived postings going back to 2002.

2. The San Diego County Clerk/Recorder’s office has information on its website about recording documents and you can also download samples of commonly used forms such as affidavits of death, grant deeds, quitclaim deeds, property tax exemption forms, and preliminary change of ownership forms. You can access information about your property tax bill or download an application to lower your propery taxes. You can also check the Grantor/Grantee index online for deeds and other recorded documents and order copies on line or pick them up at one of the offices in Kearney Mesa, San Marcos, downtown, Chula Vista, or El Cajon.

3. The California Courts Self-Help Center has information about how to find lawyer referral services, where all the courts are located and their calendars, and frequently asked questions about a variety of topics. There is information about small claims court, conservatorships, elder abuse, landlord/tenant issues, divorce, and traffic tickets. You can even download the Judicial Council legal forms and get information on how to fill them out.

4. At the California State Bar website you can find a lawyer, look up a specific lawyer’s disciplinary record, and get basic information about a number of legal topics. Consumer pamphlets are available on all sorts of topics such as estate planning, probate, small claims court, getting arrested, minors and the law, seniors and the law, and divorce and child custody.

If you need information on estate planning issues, remember Law Office of Scott C. Soady, A Professional Corporation offers a free in-house consultation. E mail us or call us with a question or to set an appointment.

Contact Information